Our Commitment to Privacy.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our Web site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web site.
1. Personal Information You Choose to Provide:
What Are Cookies?
Credit Card Information:
If you choose to purchase products or services from our partners, or us you may need to give
personal information and authorization to obtain information from various credit services. For example,
you may need to provide the following information:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Credit card number (Never retained in our database; encrypted for transmission to processing
company, then dropped).
- Home and business phone and/or fax numbers
- Social Security Number
- Other personal information (i.e., mother's maiden name)
In addition to providing the foregoing information, if you choose to correspond further with us through
email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our
responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in
the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
2. Web site Use Information:
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site may utilize a standard technology called
"cookies" (see explanation below, "What are Cookies?") and Web server logs to collect information
about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may
include the dated and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web site
visited just before and just after your visit to our Web site.
Cookies are a feature of Web browser software that allows Web servers to recognize the computer used to access a Web site. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user's Web browser, such as Netscape or Internet Explorer, on the user's hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one Web page to simplify subsequent interaction with that Web site by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user's transactions on related Web pages. This makes it easier for a user to move from Web page to Web page and to complete commercial transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
How Do We Use the Information That We Obtain?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information and other information that we may gather from your use of our Web site for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers, and to otherwise improve our Web site and better serve our customers. If you have supplied us with personal information, we may combine such personal information with information we gather from your use of our Web site and other information that we may obtain from other sources to design and arrange our Web site in the most user-friendly manner and to continually improve our Web site to better meet the needs of our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Web site, and of new services available.
How do we Secure Information Transmissions?
When you send confidential personal credit card information to us on our Web site, a secure server software, which we have licensed, encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. The information is scrambled in route and decoded once it reaches our Web site.
Other email that you may send to us may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information. For that reason, we ask that you do not send confidential information such as social security or account numbers to us through an unsecured email.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
- Information Security. We utilize encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
- Evaluation of Information Protection Practices. Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with corporate policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality, and quality of our information.
- Employee Access, Training and Expectations. Our corporate values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of customer information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
- How Can You Access and Correct Your Information? You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information? We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.